KDE overrides gnome?

Christoph Höger choeger at cs.tu-berlin.de
Mon Sep 7 14:22:17 UTC 2009

Hi there,

since I installed KDE for testing and it failed in some aspects (see my
kmail thread), I am noticing, that even under gnome I get some Qt
dialogs now and then (e.g. nautilus starting as default file manager
from firefox, policykit auth dialog).
I do not want to start a flamewar, but I think that under gnome
everything should be as gnomish as possible (and vice-versa under kde),
so I _could_ blame firefox for the first example, but why the hell does
policykit run a Qt dialog when it should run  a gtk dialog?

And how do I change that?

Christoph