Latest kernel update for F11?

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 18:20:17 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 3:04 PM, Fernando Cassia <fcassia at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 3:00 PM, Frank Cox <theatre at sasktel.net> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 08 Sep 2009 10:41:46 -0300
>> Fernando Cassia wrote:
>>
>> > Well, if there's no other way, I'll do that. I just wondered if
>> somewhere @
>> > fedora.org there was a html page listing the latest kernel version, and
>> kept
>> > in sync with the repos...
>>

>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2009-September/thread.html<https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2009-September/thread.htm>

Somehow I got to the parent folder clicked and found the right URL that
doesn´t give a 404.
Good idea, that page (thread view of fedora-package-announce) is great and
serves well for scrapping and finding the last version of any package!..

Thanks!

What I had in mind, and pehaps this would be good as a suggestion, is
listing the kernel version contained in the CD, plus the latest kernel
update available somewhere at the Release Notes. ie
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/release-notes/f11/en-US/ ?.

Something like:
Fedora 11 ships with Kernel: 2.6.29
(Last update available: 2.6.30.5-43 , dated 2009-08-31)

The reason this came to mind is that I checked the table at  Distrowatch
http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=fedora

...and saw they do not keep kernel versions up to date (ie they list F11 as
using 2.6.29-4).

That´s where the whole idea of doing a script to keep track of kernel
version changes came to mind...
Well, just an idea...

FC