flash cookies

Mike Wright mike.wright at mailinator.com
Tue Sep 8 18:34:51 UTC 2009

Les wrote:
> Have all of you seen this:
>
> http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/security/?p=2299&tag=nl.e036
>
> It appears that Adobe flash can generate its own form of cookie and even
> respawn HTTP cookies after your browser closes.
>
> I don't know yet if this affects our Fedora machines, but what a sneaky
> piece of crap.

+1

I've heard them referred to as "pies".  They maintain copies of cookies
which are then used to restore them after they have been deleted.

Same attitude in Redmond.  They think *they* own *your* computer.

You can always run your browser in a virtual machine and discard any
changes when you shut the virtual machine down.

:m)