F11: keyboard issues after upgrade: GTK_IM_MODULE=cedilla and keyboard preferences

wwp subscript at free.fr
Wed Sep 9 08:58:35 UTC 2009

Hi folks,

after upgrading from Fedora 10 to Fedora 11, I notice two
keyboard-related issues within GNOME:

1) The GTK_IM_MODULE=cedilla set in ~/.bash_profile seems to be ignored
now, GTK applications show a ć when I type a ç (us intl with dead keys
keyboard layout). Works fine w/ Qt apps.

Should I defined this GTK_IM_MODULE higher in the system config?

2) The keyboard preferences (repeat keys delay and speed) are not taken
into account unless I open the Keyboard Preferences dialog and close
it. I need to do that each time I re-login in GNOME.

1) and 2) were OK with Fedora 10 before I upgraded. Any hint?

Regards,

--
wwp