F11 scroll wheel problems

Paul Erickson paule at sfu.ca
Wed Sep 9 16:43:18 UTC 2009

I have used a Microsoft trackball explorer 1 for a long time, and now
with F11 the scroll wheel is acting funny. If, for instance, I am in
Firefox, scrolling down is fine, but if I try to scroll back up, the
browser skips to the previous page. I have two F11 boxes (32 and 64bit)
and they both have the same problem. My F6 box, which uses the same
trackball (kvm between all three) works fine.

I have searched the archives, and google generally, and cannot seem to
find a solution. I have tried adjusting the mouse sensitivity settings,
but it has no effect.

cheers, Paul - VA7NT - email: va7nt at telus.net

"Those who hear not the music, think the dancers mad."

“Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil.” - Thomas Mann

"That state which separates it's warriors from it's scholars will have
it's thinking done by cowards and fighting done by fools" - Thucydides -
The Pelopenisia

"The Malice of the wicked is reinforced by the weakness of the
virtuous." - Churchill