system unbootable after online upgrade to Fedora 11

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Fri Sep 11 17:19:09 UTC 2009

Simon Tierney wrote:
> Help, please, I recently upgraded online from F10 to F11 but now the
> system hangs with a blinking cursor to the top left hand side of the
> screen immediately after the fedora 11 progress bar at bottom of the
> screen completes.
>
> Can someone advise me how to solve this problem?

It may be the one we're discussing in the thread
   2.6.30.5-43.fc11.i686.PAE Won't Boot to L5
having to do with the 2.6.30.5 kernel. It *may* be limited to the PAE kernel,
but that's part of the discussion. Please read that thread and see if it applies
to your problem.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>