fedora 11 kernel installation question

Michael Mueller ss7box at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 21:30:57 UTC 2009

fedora 11 is working nicely - thank you

by default the "kernel-PAE" is loaded and i need the non-PAE "kernel"
loaded; i've been using yum to remove the PAE version and install the
non-PAE; a problem arose today when i noticed that while building 6
boxes, the mirrored repos have changed; i was getting 2.6.29 kernels
and now i'm getting 2.6.30; this change caused a problem in a compiled
application; it also means my 6 servers are slightly different

is it possible to have the installer use the non-PAE kernel on my CDs
instead of the PAE kernel?  this would be the best solution imo

thanks much

--
Mike