snip extraneous quotes from your posts to the list, dammit

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 16:12:32 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-09-13 at 11:57 -0400, Robert L Cochran wrote:
> It takes people with many different views to make a good product. If I
> banned everyone from my workplace who doesn't think as I do, then I'd
> be standing in the building alone. With nothing to show for it.

The usual strawman argument when anyone dares to suggest that the
guidelines, while not rules or laws, are there to help communication.

IOW, "The guidelines are for other people, I'm too
important/busy/ornery/individualistic to be bothered with this
penny-ante stuff."

(Yes, I know *you* didn't say those words. Just call it a metasemantic
interpretation).

poc