Can't upgrade f10 to f11: X startup failed, detected GPU lockup

Deron Meranda deron.meranda at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 15:03:36 UTC 2009

> You might try "nomodeset" on the boot command line and see if the X server
> starts ok.

I tried that, with the same results.  Actually in the X.log, there is a
line that says that the chipset doesn't support modeset anyway,
so the nomodeset option probably doesn't do anything.

> If that fails, and you have another linux box to use, you can add "vnc" to
> the command line and do a graphical install remotely.

Hmm. I may have to try this one if I can't get anything else to work.
Unfortunately, at this location, all my other linux boxes are quite old;
running FC 3 and such.  But I'll try to see if this will work.  I hope I
don't have to continue doing this for the upcoming F12.

Thanks
--
Deron Meranda