Update to 2.6.30.5-43.fc11.i586 duplex problem

James Wilkinson fedora at aprilcottage.co.uk
Mon Sep 14 19:46:36 UTC 2009

Anton Buenavista wrote:
> Recently updated kernel to 2.6.30.5-43.fc11.i586 and now my Fedora
> system won't boot up.
>
> It boots up to the splash screen after which I am greeted with an "alt1
> 0000:02:00.0: eth0 link is up 100 Mbps full duplex" on my screen. It
> stops there and I am unable to do anything but restart. The old kernels
> still work. Can anyone advise on how I can remedy this?

Kevin J. Cummings suggested:
> Have you disabled RHGB and looked at where it hangs during startup?

Disable the “quiet” kernel parameter, too.

For a one-off check, you would do this by selecting the kernel you want
to boot in grub (you’ve evidently found how to do this), press “e” to
edit the commands before booting, move down to the kernel line, press
“e” again to edit the kernel command line, and remove the “rhgb” and
“quiet” words. Then press Enter a few times.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ | Blessed are the pessimistic, for they take backups.