discovering network printers on F11

Globe Trotter itsme_410 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 14 22:35:16 UTC 2009

--- On Mon, 9/14/09, Stefano <stefano at darchino.ch> wrote:

> From: Stefano <stefano at darchino.ch>
> Subject: Re: discovering network printers on F11
> To: fedora-list at redhat.com
> Date: Monday, September 14, 2009, 4:46 PM
> On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 13:35:05 -0700
> (PDT)
> Globe Trotter <itsme_410 at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to discover network printers on F11: I
> fire up system-config-printer and ask for this to be
> searched but nothing is found. However,
> system-config-printer when run on ubuntu is able to find the
> printers without a hitch at all. What is the setting that is
> not set right on F11, and how do I fix it?
>
> Hi
>
> Tray to enable client ipp, for network print, in Firewall
> (see in System Administration).
>
> Bye
> Ste

Hi,

Thanks very much! I enabled this (as well as the ipp server) but it had no effect: clicking on the search for network printers and got nothing. My /var/log messages reported the following lines:

hp: io/hpmud/pp.c 627: unable to read device-id ret=-1
python: io/hpmud/pp.c 627: unable to read device-id ret=-1

Any suggestions?

Best,