Suddenly I can't play audio CDs in F11 -- Also Grip Problem

Jonathan Ryshpan jonrysh at pacbell.net
Tue Sep 15 07:12:21 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-09-07 at 15:38 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> in bugzilla # 513495
> Aram Agajanian poses a solution for the Audio CD problem and it works.

I have encountered this problem recognizing audio CDs, and also a
problem with Grip, which may be related (or not).

Grip recognizes CDs, looks them up correctly on the freedb database, and
even appears to play them.  However no sound is heard.  This may
possibly be related to bugzilla #513495, but more likely to a pulseaudio
problem.

Has anyone seen a similar problem? or
Has anyone got grip to work with F11 pulseaudio?

Thanks - jon