discovering network printers on F11

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Tue Sep 15 08:40:12 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-09-14 at 15:35 -0700, Globe Trotter wrote:
> Thanks very much! I enabled this (as well as the ipp server) but it
> had no effect: clicking on the search for network printers and got
> nothing. My /var/log messages reported the following lines:

Is 'Show printers shared by other systems' enabled in the server
settings (Server->Settings... from the system-config-printer menu)?

If it is, and your firewall is set to enable UDP packets in on port 631
("IPP client"), the printing troubleshooter might be able to tell you
waht's wrong: Help->Troubleshoot.

Tim.
*/