Can we have different desktop backgrounds for different workspaces

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Wed Sep 16 15:54:12 UTC 2009

On Sun, 30 Aug 2009, Anne Wilson wrote:

> On Sunday 30 August 2009 17:43:22 Michael Hennebry wrote:
>> Since I installed F11,
>> rather a lot of labels are black on dark gray or black on black.
>> 'Tis quite annoying.
>
> That's controlled by the theme and many need compositing on to avoid this.
> Experiment with themes until you get one that's better for you if you can't
> use Desktop Effects.

I tried to play with themes,
but could not find anything in the gui that even hinted at my problem.

A friend of mine solved the problem.
I had installed F11 and kept a home directory from F9.
There have been syntax changes for data in the .kde directory.
The new KDE was angry and taking it out on my labels.

"Pessimist: The glass is half empty.
Optimist:   The glass is half full.