discovering network printers on F11

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Thu Sep 17 10:12:01 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 16 September 2009 22:40:09 Globe Trotter wrote:
> [...]

I had mis-remembered.  What it actually said (page 10, if you have LXF 124,
November) was that the firewall by default turns of multicasting.  The
'comment' is a bit of a rant, saying that if something as vital as this is
disabled there should be some way of alerting you to it.

> Btw, I went and disabled selinux using
>  system-config-selinux but the printers were still not discovered. I have
>  reverted it back to enforcing, but I wonder what the problem is, and how
>  to troubleshoot it.

That rules out SELinux, then.  If you haven't done so, check firewalls - but I
think someone already told you to do that.

Anne