Can we have different desktop backgrounds for different workspaces

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Fri Sep 18 04:01:42 UTC 2009

On Sun, 30 Aug 2009, Michael Hennebry wrote:

> Is there an nvidia driver that allows suspend to
> disk and does not experience extreme slowness?

More precisely, is there an nvidia driver
that does not experience extreme slowness?

I've had trouble getting flash to play right
either through firefox or through mplayer.
Most recently mplayer told me that my system was to slow.
It made suggestions that were scrolled
off the screen by many cpoies of
> AO: [pulse] pa_stream_get_latency() failed: Connection terminated
> AO: [pulse] pa_stream_write() failed: Connection terminated.4% 1312 0

I'm running a recent install of F11 on a 3 GHz
pentium 4 with hyperthreading, 4G of memory
and F11's video driver.
So far, it has not made me happy.
[hennebry at localhost Cache]$ uname -a
Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.29.6-217.2.16.fc11.i686.PAE #1 SMP Mon Aug 24 17:16:21 EDT 2009 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
[hennebry at localhost Cache]$
The GEForce nvidia card and the 4G of memory are
not original equipment, but they predate F11.

"Pessimist: The glass is half empty.
Optimist:   The glass is half full.