Boot.log question/fix ?

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Fri Sep 18 14:44:42 UTC 2009

Hi;

On Fri, 2009-09-18 at 08:22 -0600, Phil Meyer wrote:
> On 09/18/2009 08:00 AM, William Case wrote:
> > Hi;
> >
> > I was looking at my boot.log this morning and found confusing symbols
> > that distract from its clarity.
> >
> > E.g.
> > emounting root filesystem in read-write mode:  [
> > OK  ]
> > Mounting local filesystems:  [  OK  ]
> > Enabling local filesystem quotas:  [  OK  ]
> > Enabling /etc/fstab swaps:  [  OK  ]
> > Entering non-interactive startup
> > Applying Intel CPU microcode update: [  OK  ]
> >

> I believe those are the ascii codes to change the colors.  more or cat
> the file instead of editing it. :)

Right you are!  Interesting.  'cat' and 'more' /var/log/boot.log  prints
a proper colourized file to stdout.  However 'less' and
'gnome-system-log' only show me the ASCII colour codes without actually
colourizing.

Of course it's not a big problem, but I would like to fix it.  Any
suggestions?

Add while I am at it, the boot.log gives me this message:
Enabling the nvidia driver: /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions: line 513:  1326
Segmentation fault      "$@"
                                                           [FAILED]

Yet nothing seems wrong with my graphics once I am logged in.

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 11, Gnome 2.26.3