Ati Drivers ??

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Fri Sep 18 17:15:02 UTC 2009

On 09/18/2009 12:38 PM, Jim wrote:
> I have a Dell laptop that came with a ATI video, I found myself a
> mini-card that had Nvidia on it and made the change.

Some preliminary googling has shown me that while nVidia lists laptop
cards on their site, trying to find anyone selling *just* the laptop
card (without the rest of the laptop) seems to be a losing proposition.
Or, maybe just for the 2-3 cards I was looking at?  8400M/9400M/9600M

Where did you find yours?  Are they cost effective vs desktop models (ie
< US$50)?  I've no problem opening up my system and swapping the card, I
just can't seem to find anyone selling what I'm interested in....

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com
cummings at kjchome.homeip.net