GoogleEarthLinux and Fedora11 [Solved - mostly]

Claude Jones cjoneslists at tehogeeservices.com
Sun Sep 20 12:56:58 UTC 2009

On Fri September 18 2009, Mogens Kjaer wrote:
> On 09/18/2009 07:27 AM, Claude Jones wrote:
> > I'm not sure how to continue this investigation - any help
> > appreciated...
>
> http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/earth/thread?tid=0ab0ed80ed61cbfc&hl=
> en
>
> cd /where/googleearth-bin/is/located
> mv libstdc++.so.6 libstdc++.so.6.saveit
> mv libgcc_s.so.1 libgcc_s.so.1.saveit

Thanks for all the replies. My installation is i386, F11, all patched up to
latest testing repos. The above fix which I also found googling right after my
post, turned out to be part of the solution. I also got about 6-8 selinux
denial alerts for text relocation violations by various libs and I followed
the sealert recommendations which fixed that. It seems to be working fairly
well now, though a little sluggish.

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA