See the options that were passed to a currently-loaded kernel module?

Ryan Lynch ryan.b.lynch at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 12:44:36 UTC 2009

Running 'modinfo <MODULE_NAME>' shows me all of the available module
options that could be passed to the module called MODULE_NAME.  But I
want to know what options were actually passed when the current
instance of the module was loaded.

I know I can look at the values under
'/sys/module/<MODULE_NAME>/parameters/' and find a pseudofile
containing the value of each option parameter.  But is there a
standard utility that can parse this stuff and format it, or do I have
to roll my own, here?

-Ryan

Ryan B. Lynch
ryan.b.lynch at gmail.com