re Subject: F-11 32-bit dial-up connection

Phill phanback at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 21 15:32:48 UTC 2009

>Hi!
>For seven years I had hoped to get an OS where everything would work
>well out of the box, to no avail. When I started installing this F-11 I
>got from a magazine DVD, I thought the day had arrived: everything
>worked well! Everything, that is, until...
>  Until, kppp already connected to my ISP, I tried both Firefox and
>Thunderbird, and neither would "find the server."
>  I went to Administration/Network Manager, and it showed my modem, but
>would not activate it. Got two error messages:

I can't offer any helpful suggestions. I would like to confirm that Fedora 11 isn't fully supporting dial up. Does anyone know for sure? I have several old machines that I would like to use Fedora on but I will need dial-up support as well. Can anyone confirm this, or suggest a current Linux distro that does fully support dial-up connections?

Phill