Running a Script- and debugging.

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 22 23:49:01 UTC 2009

On 09/22/2009 06:22 PM, Aldo Foot wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 12:46 PM, Jim<mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net>  wrote:
> <...snip...>
>
>> Could someone give me a Ideal as to this part of a script would hangup
>> script.
>> In FC11.
>>
>> The hangup stops at;
>>
>> cd 'dirname $0'
>>
> ____
>
> I'm going to guess here:
> there may be a problem if you're running the install script in the
> same directory
> where the tarball of the source is. If this is the case make a
> temporary directory
> and untar the source in there and run the install script again.
> The line   cd 'dirname $0'  wants to change to the directory where you have
> the install script and it may be confused with the tarball having the same name
> but only .tar added to it.
>
> again -that's just a guess based on a similar thing I ran into earlier.
> ~af

When the tar's are extracted the install.sh files are put in two
directories away from the tar's.
It's got to be something simple.
The install.sh for the drivers is 51k and 1700 lines , Would it be to
big to put on the forum ?
There are no other Linux drivers for the this printer, I sure would like
to get it working.
Gutenprint doesn't have any drivers for this printer and they are the
best for printer drivers.