lm_sensors is too old to work with a 2 year old asus motherboard, why?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Sep 23 04:19:36 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-09-21 at 19:56 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> LM_sensors has always had problems getting useful info out of Asus
> motherboards.

Somewhat ironic that sensors hasn't had problems with my ASUS laptop
running Fedora 7, then 9.  But when it came to 11, things were royally
screwed up.

Now, I frequently find the battery sensor has failed to work, sitting
fixed at 100%, and I have to wonder how long it'll be until the laptop
suddenly dies without warning.  It seems worse at doing that when waking
up from suspend to RAM, but I've occasionally seen it from cold boot, or
it stopping working in the middle of a session where it apparently was
working.

I had played with one of the known work-arounds, but that hasn't really
helped.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686