root e-mail (Was Questionable Status)

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Sep 23 17:07:05 UTC 2009

Michael Cronenworth:
>> For a good majority of Fedora desktop users, that root mail is never read.

Mikkel:
> This is not good. Maybe a modification of the install procedure to
> set an alias so that all mail goes to the first normal user that is
> set up? Or an option to do this as part of the install? What do you
> think?

I seem to recall, years ago, that the install routine arranged this with
a "Who should receive root's mail?" question.  Though, that still leaves
a problem with users who never check any local mail.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.