Invitation to connect on LinkedIn

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Wed Sep 23 23:10:29 UTC 2009

Yaakov Nemoy wrote:
> 2009/9/23 Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au>:
>> On Tue, 2009-09-22 at 11:30 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>>> I won't personally touch those sites with a 10 foot piece of cat5.
>>
>> Hmm, I would have thought that whipping them with a cat-o-five
>> tails would be the proper way to deal with them...  ;-)
>
> I'm with you on that one, but i suppose that's why i don't moderate
> MLs.

Actually, I did send a note directly to the OP noting that they should
be more careful when sending out mass invites (or having some service
do it for them).

While the original post was annoying, it's actually worse to have long
threads following it. ;)

As a relatively friendly, volunteer list moderator, would it help to
ask folks to let this thread and others like it die?  If a poster
needs dealt with, the proper method of doing so should be sending a
note to the list owner address to make us aware of any problem.

A good programmer is one who looks both ways before crossing a one-way
street.
    -- Doug Linder