latest F11 64-bit Firefox unstable for me

Tony Nelson tonynelson at georgeanelson.com
Fri Sep 25 04:25:42 UTC 2009

On 09-09-24 22:38:07, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> This is getting very tiresome.  What should I do?  Is there a better
> instrumented version of FF?

Well, yes, it's the one you have with debuginfo installed (`debuginfo-
install firefox`, 17 packages and 227 MB here, if I'd done it).  Then
attach to the running firefox with gdb (use `ps -ef | grep firefox` to
find the real firefox and its pid) with `gdb path/to/firefox the_pid`,
and wait for trouble.

I'd expect that firefox is already able to report its crashes, and you
have done so, and you just want the information for yourself.