Setup of DNS caching name server for home server

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri Sep 25 14:02:13 UTC 2009

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 16:29:43 +0800,
  Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com> wrote:

> I think you miss my point....

No, but the technical explanation was later on in the message. Because at
least some of the fedora lists mung reply-to, I strip them out so that
it doesn't break the reply function (which is only supposed to reply to
the address(es) in the from header). So when I do a reply all, if you
haven't set mail-followup-to to say just reply to the list, two messages
will be sent, one to the list and one directly to your address. And if
you have duplicates off in your mailman configuration, mailman will note
that you appear to be getting a separate copy and not send you a copy
through the list. The copy you get directly from me will not have a reply-to
header added.