Setup of DNS caching name server for home server

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Fri Sep 25 14:24:34 UTC 2009

Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 16:29:43 +0800,
>   Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com> wrote:
>

>> I think you miss my point....
>>

> No, but the technical explanation was later on in the message. Because at
> least some of the fedora lists mung reply-to, I strip them out so that
> it doesn't break the reply function (which is only supposed to reply to
> the address(es) in the from header). So when I do a reply all, if you
> haven't set mail-followup-to to say just reply to the list, two messages
> will be sent, one to the list and one directly to your address. And if
> you have duplicates off in your mailman configuration, mailman will note
> that you appear to be getting a separate copy and not send you a copy
> through the list. The copy you get directly from me will not have a reply-to
> header added.

IMHO, you are causing more damage than you think you are fixing....  I
sincerely wish you'd stop your misguided practice.   I really hate
having to be on guard for these types of "fixes".....

--
Bender: I get a good vibe from this place. Nice long dinner table, quiet
well-behaved spiders, graveyards adjacent.... Guess Who!