Setup of DNS caching name server for home server

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Sep 25 15:00:55 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-09-25 at 09:02 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> some of the fedora lists mung reply-to, I strip them out so that
> it doesn't break the reply function (which is only supposed to reply
> to the address(es) in the from header).

Umm, no.  That's NOT the case that it should ONLY reply to the from
header.  It IS the case that in the absence of a reply-to header it uses
the from header, but where the reply-to header exists it should ONLY
reply to the reply-to header address(es).  Do more reading about how
e-mail works...

The reply-to header is an overriding instruction.

In general, you press reply to reply to a message, and your mail client
does what it's supposed to do (as I just outlined, above).  A reply-all
feature is a special function for replying in an usual manner (one that
the message you're replying to hasn't been preset for).  Such as
ignoring the reply-to override.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686