location of popup helpers question

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Sep 27 21:42:55 UTC 2009

Greetings;

I have one rather exasperating function I wish I could either turn off, or
relocate.

It's in kmail, the little "helpful" (not) gizmo that pops up if you leave the
mouse sitting on an icon.  It is useful for some things, but I have kmail
setup with the message list pane left of the message pane, which puts the
messages panes subject line not too far below the icons along the top of the
main window.

And when it pops up, it takes about a minute for it to go way, during which
time the messages subject line is hidden.  Having to move the mouse to a
clear place when I want to switch to the + key, and back again tends to
aggravate my arthritis.

Can this be relocated to a point above the icon, or can the display timeout
be set down to maybe 2 seconds?  If so, what file do I edit to accomplish
this?

Thanks.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

It's no surprise that things are so screwed up: everyone that knows how
to run a government is either driving taxicabs or cutting hair.
		-- George Burns