I think something is 'stuck' on the fedoara-list ?!? [SOLVED - kinda]

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Mon Sep 28 14:37:40 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-09-28 at 10:06 +0400, Hiisi wrote:
> 2009/9/28 William Case <billlinux at rogers.com>:
> > Hi Hiisi
> > On Mon, 2009-09-28 at 00:37 +0400, Hiisi wrote:
> >> 2009/9/28 William Case <billlinux at rogers.com>:
> >

> >> Does it matter if you have a replay to your post (like now)? Can you
> >> see your message now?
> >>

> >> Can you see your message now?
> >
> > I sent a message over a half an hour ago replying 'Yes' to your query;
> > but that 'yes' response hasn't shown up here yet although it is in the
> > archive.  The usual turnaround time is about 1 to 2 minutes.  The first
> > two messages that I sent on this thread made it through instantly.

The 'yes' response which was sent about a half hour - 45 minutes before
the second response arrived here about an hour after the second message
i.e. about 2 hours after sending.

> OK. We have here two messages from you, the second arrived about a
> half of an hour after the first one.

The second message, a reply to "does it matter" arrived first about 1-2
minutes after sending.

I also noticed that even for a thread that wasn't mine, I received a
users response about 1/2 an hour before I received the original post.

> Recently I had similar problem with my messages. But in my case I new
> exactly where problem laid. I used rambler.ru here in Moscow, Russia.
> And they have the same reputation of 'screwing around with their
> system on weekends without telling anybody' ;-) My solution was to
> sign up in gmail, then set up my old address as 'reply-to' in gmail
> and forward all messages to the new mailbox from the old one. You
> could then unsubscribe the old address from list-messages and
> subscribe for it on the new one.
> Hope that helps. In my opinion gmail is the best mail-provider I've
> ever used. But I use web-mail, not programs like evolution or kmail...

For the time being I am going to drop the issue, as things seem to be
straightening out.

Just for future reference, and to add to my own personal knowledge, I
wish I had a better idea of what was going on.  I have wasted 2 or 3
hours try to figure out what I did wrong when I probably haven't done
anything I shouldn't have.  It would be nice to be able to recognize the
source of this kind of problem.

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 11, Gnome 2.26.3