scim - Fedora 11

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Sep 29 00:06:54 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-09-28 at 19:57 -0400, Ding Yi Chen wrote:
> ----- "Ed Greshko" <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com> wrote:
>
> > Craig White wrote:
> > > On Mon, 2009-09-28 at 13:59 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> > >
> > > ----
> > > OK - I am just paranoid then because I am used to everything always
> > > telling me exactly which Chinese character set
> > [simplified|traditional]
> > > and ibus doesn't give me any hints.
> > >
> > > I thought you were in Taiwan? Don't you use traditional?
> > >

> > Yes, I'm in Taiwan.  And, yes, I use traditional....98% of the time.
> >
> > Need to deal with simplified from time to time.
> >

> My bad, I should have implement that in ibus-chewing as soon as possible.
----
thanks Ding Yi

so far, I am happy with ibus and it seems to be what I was looking for.
One of the reasons I upgraded from Fedora 10 to Fedora 11 was that I was
having too many race conditions with akregator on F10 when I had scim
running. I never could produce a reasonable bug report.

When I went to F11, scim seemed to be only moderately functional in some
applications but ibus seems much cleaner and simpler...but I am only
barely functional in Chinese so I do not know that I can provide
meaningful feedback.

Craig

believed to be clean.