i686 packages in my Fedora 12 x86_64

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Wed Jan 6 21:59:35 UTC 2010

On 01/05/2010 02:44 PM, Germán A. Racca wrote:
> I have freshly installed Fedora 12 x86_64 in my PC 2 weeks ago. Now I
> see that I have some (49) packages in both i686 and x86_64
> architectures. The list is at the end of the message.
>
> What should I do?

I haven't figured out the right way to deal with this, but I did just
last night finally purge an upgraded system of its 32-bit packages with
something like:

rpm -qa | grep '86$' | sort | xargs --verbose rpm -e --nodeps

And then ran:

   rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

and:

   package-cleanup --problems

with successful results.  So far so good, yum runs well again.

-Bill

--
Bill McGonigle, Owner
BFC Computing, LLC
Email, IM, VOIP: bill at bfccomputing.com
Social networks: bill_mcgonigle/bill.mcgonigle