kb to control audio line-in instead of pcm

Mike Wright mike.wright at mailinator.com
Thu Jan 7 22:45:16 UTC 2010

Hi all,

This is a generic question about some user settings.  Hope this is not
considered off-topic.

I need some help from the sound gurus among us.

Running f10, pulseaudio in charge.

My Logitech keyboard has 3 keys for audio: mute, up, down.

Looking at my keyboard shortcuts I see that they are bound to
XF86AudioMute, XF86AudioLowerVolume, XF86AudioRaiseVolume.

If I open the Volume Control applet I see that it is using the Alsa
mixer.  Two of the sliders are PCM and Line-in.

The XF86Audio functions are bound to the PCM control.  Is there a way to
change that binding so that the XF86Audio controls refer to Line-in?
(some of my favorite stuff is 33 1/3 rpm :)

Mike Wright :m)