mailing list losing mail?

Mike Wright mike.wright at mailinator.com
Fri Jan 8 19:36:24 UTC 2010

g wrote:
>> Mike Wright wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>
> <snip>
>
> this email took about 6 minutes to come back thru list.
>

>> why delay, i can not answer.
>
> but i do see where.
>
> while waiting, i looked at you email of 2010.0108 and i did note a delay
> of about 1 hour.
>
> being that you are using thunderbird, use <ctrl+w> to have a look at headers
> and you will see where it was delayed.

Thanks g,

This is from the last 9 messages headers.  At first it looked like dns
errors, then maybe greylisting, but I think the variation in delivery
times points to something else.  The delay is always between my server
and the server below.

00:28:14
00:28:21
00:28:13
00:24:56
00:26:41
00:24:43
00:28:46
00:26:50
00:20:08

Mine is a qmail server that's been in service for years.  Neither it nor
its dns has been changed (that I remember) and all other mail seems to
show up almost immediately.  I've been on this list for a really long
time and never had problems before.

Wonder what it could be?