FC12 -- video resolution problems

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Jan 1 02:12:24 UTC 2010

> I just did a FC12 install on my notebook, blowing away my Centos 5.3
> install.  Big step up.
>
> This is on a HP nc2400 that has the Intel 945M video.  It comes up
> with only 800x600 resolution.
>
> So I installed system-config-display and configured the monitor
> manually to be LCD 1280x1024, but selected only 1024x768.
>
> I logged out and logged in, and I came up in 1024x768 video.  I then
> pressed <FN-f4> to switch to my external LCD monitor, and things went
> a bit screwy.  I should point out that my monitor is on a Belkin KVM.
> But this has always worked in Centos.
>
> My situation right now is that the system is running both internal and
> external, and pressing <FN-f4> is not getting it to roll through
> internal, both, external, internal, etc. as it 'use to'.

An update.  I have been working away, installing things like
gconf-editor and adobereader.  And for the heck of it, I tried the video
again.  Well it is rolling through the modes now.  Internal only is
1024x768. both is 1024x768 on the internal and an unreadable external
seemingly at 800x600 with 1024x768 feed. External only is 800x600.  I
can't figure out how to set external to 1024x768.