Installation plays hardball

BeartoothHOS beartooth at comcast.net
Fri Jan 1 19:31:07 UTC 2010

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 15:17:40 -0500, John Aldrich wrote:

> On Thursday 31 December 2009, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>> Somewhat OT: IMHO one thing that makes installing Fedora harder than it
>> needs to be for the majority of users is the default use of LVM. I've
>> been using Fedora since before it was Fedora, and have *never* had a
>> situation in which LVM was any use to me. [....]
>>
> On this we can agree. My last F11 install blew up because of a problem
> with LVM. I don't "do" LVM because I've got a fairly minimal computer.
[....]

	I have one more, and the most critical machine on which to
replace F11 with F12 -- and I picked up a hint the other day that LVM was
the reason I kept being unable, by any means I could find, to increase
the size of /boot. I would like very much to get rid of LVM -- but have
no clue how.

	I know Anaconda offers an option to *hide* LVM, but I don't
recall any choice to eschew it entirely. Am I just having a memory lapse?

	If not, would some kind soul please explain to this subtechnoid
how to do it?