Postfix, No SMTP AUTH when TLS is enabled

froinds J froinds at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 04:41:53 UTC 2010

Hello,
I'm having a problem with postfix in F12.
I used to have my email server setup with F10. My setup had TLS
enabled (self signed certs) with SASL using pwcheck_method=auxprop and
CRAM-MD5 DIGEST-MD5. I had virtual accounts.
Everything worked great until I installed F12. It was a clean install.
My issue now is the following:
If I disable TLS, postfix works as expected. If I enable it, I cannot
authenticate. Without TLS I can telnet to my server and I get 250-AUTH
CRAM-MD5 DIGEST-MD5
250-AUTH=CRAM-MD5 DIGEST-MD5. However, once I enable TLS this doesn't show.
My mail client says the server does not support CRAM-MD5 or any other method
of authentication I try when TLS is on.

I've tested the certs with openssl and I don't get any errors.

I've been running my mail server on Fedora since FC3 and I've never
encountered this issue.
Has anyone had this problem?
A solution will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.