Anyone know of a program to read dicom files?

Paolo Galtieri pgaltieri at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 13:51:28 UTC 2010

The CD came with its own image display software which runs on Windows.
However the software locks up when I run it on Windows.

When I try your suggestion I get:

display: magick/list.c:485: GetFirstImageInList: Assertion
`images->signature == 0xabacadabUL' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

running file on the image I get:

1.dicom: DICOM medical imaging data

Is it possible that this is a proprietary format?

Paolo