Wrong page format Avery A4 labels. [SOLVED]

Erik P. Olsen epodata at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 23:21:23 UTC 2010

On 30/12/09 00:54, Erik P. Olsen wrote:
> My environment is OpenOffice 3.1.1 on Linux, Fedora 12.
>
> The scenario is the following:
>
> 1. File -> New -> Labels
>
> 2. Select Brand: Avery A4
> and Type: L7160
> Press "New Document"
>
> 3. Format -> Page
>
> 4. As you may see the page format is set to "User" which has a geometry
> different from "A4". If the final labels are printed with page format
> "User" they come out wrongly. If, however, the page format is changed to
> "A4", printing is correct.
>
> This happens every time I make new labels, Sometimes I forget to set the
> page format to "A4" and consequently ruin a whole bunch of labels. I bet
> there must be a way to change this silly default but I haven't been able
> to find how. Maybe it's a bug. Who knows?

Just to let you all know that the problem seems to be printer related. On my HP
LaserJet 2200 the label sheets print wrongly as mentioned above. But when I
print using my colour printer HP Photosmart 8450 they print correctly.

Thanks to Peter Hillier-Brook who somehow forced me into trying this other printer.

--
Erik.