gthumb problems

Paolo Galtieri pgaltieri at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 00:39:02 UTC 2010

I have a Nikon D70s camera.  I also have an external USB smart card reader

Bus 003 Device 003: ID 0b97:7762 O2 Micro, Inc. Oz776 SmartCard Reader

When I plug the 4GB SanDisk from my Nikon into the card reader it mounts the
disk and puts an icon on my desktop.  When I double click on the icon it
brings up a file browser.  It identifies the contents as being digital
photos and there is a button on the file browser to start the gthumb photo
import tool.  Clicking on this button does not bring up gthumb.   When I
look in my .xsession-errors file I find the following:

(nautilus:2163): Nautilus-GDU-WARNING **: unable to query info: The
specified location is not supported

handle_message(member:'NameOwnerChanged')
handle_message(member:'NameOwnerChanged')
handle_message(member:'NameOwnerChanged')
handle_message(member:'NameOwnerChanged')
D70S"; exec gthumb --import-photos: -c: line 0: unexpected EOF while looking
for matching `"'
D70S"; exec gthumb --import-photos: -c: line 1: syntax error: unexpected end
of file

The same problem occurs if I attach the camera directly to the PC.  The
actual mount point is

/media/NIKON D70S

Note the space between the NIKON and the D70S.  It looks like the file
browser is choking on the space since it is showing D70S" rather than "NIKON
D70S".

This all worked fine under F11.

Once the device is mounted I can run gthumb manually on the mount point to
import the files.

Paolo