Printing problem w. Photosmart 8450.

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Tue Jan 5 00:29:50 UTC 2010

On Tue, 05 Jan 2010 01:08:41 +0100
Erik P. Olsen wrote:

> Does anyone know what is wrong?

Don't know if it is related, but I spent months getting DVDs
to print all the way to the edge on my Photosmart 5580.

One thing I found was that no two apps printed the same way
even if you theoretically specified the same print options,
so I wrote my own app to do nothing except print an image,
and I at least got consistent results on the DVDs.

My experiences (and my print program) can be found here:

http://home.att.net/~Tom.Horsley/dvdp/dvd-success.html

Not sure if any of that can be adapted to printing
pictures. Since I can print pictures directly from an SD
card with the 5580, I always do that, and bypass all the
potential for printer drivers screwing things up :-).