Recover Root Password on FC 11 and Missing GRUB Screen

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 14:53:37 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 05 January 2010 12:01:10 Hosea Phiri wrote:
> Possibly my explanation was not clear enough. What I meant was that I know
>  how to do it using single user mode by editing grub entry. But on this
>  specific machine, I cannot use the approach because I am not getting grub
>  menu.

Ah, well, for that you probably need to adjust the "timeout" parameter in
/boot/grub/grub.conf,  and maybe "hiddenmenu" and such. Of course, you need to
have root permissions to do that, so in that case the simplest solution is to
use the rescue CD/DVD to fix the grub.conf and get the grub menu back.

Best, :-)
Marko