Best way to get minimal system

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Tue Jan 5 21:11:31 UTC 2010

Andre Robatino wrote:
> Chris Smart wrote:
>
>> Also explains why the PPC machine did a text only install - it
>> couldn't start the graphical installer.
>
> The minimum RAM for a GUI install was increased from 192 MB to 384 MB
> for F12.

My solution to installs for little machines is a box I got from Newegg, has a
USB connector and PATA inside for old drives (SATA available as well), and I
install on a real computer with lots of resources, even if I'm running on next
to nothing.

I'm also playing with a thing called "TinyME" distribution, in my hypothetical
spare time.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>