Setting Application startup priority

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Wed Jan 6 04:38:54 UTC 2010

Hi;

How do I set/change Application's startup priority?

I have three applications in my Preferences => 'Startup Applications'
that are loading before Compiz et al.  That means Compiz can't place
those windows in the correct viewport/workspace and position when I
login.  Compiz does place them correctly, if I shut the three down then
restart them after Compiz is loaded.

Tweaking the 'Place Windows Plugin' is not likely the answer.  I am used
to working with Xwindows info etc. and have confirmed online that my
settings are correct.

In case it makes a difference, or there is some other reason why they
should be started early, the three programs I want to position at
startup are Firefox; Evolution and Xchat-GNOME.
--
Regards Bill
Fedora 12, Gnome 2.28