Configuring GW to DSL Internet

j.halifax . j.halifax at seznam.cz
Wed Jan 6 07:45:56 UTC 2010

Hi All,

Pleaase help me in configuring FC12_64 as DHCP & FW & GW to ADSL Internet.

I have:
- eth0 (xxx.39.189.92) connected to one port of the DSL router, eth0 configured with DSN' of ISP
- eth2 (10.255.250.37) connected to the local LAN, eth2 configured with DNS' of ISP
- DNS' of ISP are defined also in resolv.conf
- named is running
- dnsmasq running for eth0 (connected to DSL router port)
- iptables running
- FW has dns ports (53) open
- FW has eth2 (to internal LAN) as trusted interface
- Internet is accessible in that box (via eth0), websites in internal LAN as well (via eth2).

>From another box in the LAN:
> ping 10.255.250.37
    responds normal way
> host isp.com 10.255.250.37
   doesn't respond
   (in the 10.255.250.37 box the tcpdump shows requests coming in port 53, but they are not forwarded to superior ISP DNS and SUGHUP1 to dnsmasq reports 0 requests received/answered/failed/retried/sent)

My question is: What is it incorect in my configuratins?

Thank you so much for your appreciated help!

Warm regards
jh