LAN Card doesn't activate

Andy Blanchard zocalo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 12:54:40 UTC 2010

2010/1/8 j.halifax . <j.halifax at seznam.cz>:
> Doesn't anybody know why my LAN Cards don't get active after rebooting
> despite of having the check-box for automated activation checked?
>
> After every reboot I have to open Network option in System->Admin menu
> and activate cards manual way.

Take a look at the file "/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0" or
equivalent.  There should be a line in there that reads "ONBOOT=yes".

If you are using profiles, then you'll need to look under
"/etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/" as well.

--
Andy

The only person to have all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe