mailing list losing mail?

Mike Wright mike.wright at mailinator.com
Fri Jan 8 17:11:19 UTC 2010

Hi all,

This list is getting more messed up by the day.

Several weeks ago mail started lagging 10-25 minutes.  Now mail is
disappearing.

I sent a post to this list yesterday @ 22:44 UTC.  My server shows that
it was accepted and queued for delivery.  It never showed up on the list
(I've checked to make sure it didn't accidentally get caught in a spam
filter.)  Oddly, it did show up in the gmane archives.

So, I reposted that email this morning @ 16:32 UTC and once again it
never appeared but did show up in gmane almost immediately.

UPDATE: I just received a copy of my post 31 minutes after sending it.

How can my mail make it into gmane's archives almost immediately but
take more than half an hour to appear on fedora-list?  These delays
certainly (imo) take a lot of the usefulness away from this forum.
Starting to remind me of snail mail conversations :/

My 0.02,
Mike Wright