[Fedora-livecd-list] Hybrid initramfs busybox/nash x86 and x86_64 testers

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue Aug 29 01:41:54 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-08-27 at 17:57 -0500, Jasper O'neal Hartline wrote:
> I've been working on an initramfs prototype for Kadischi and it seems
> I've got it under wraps.
> Could all testers of x86 and x86_64 Fedora Core repository users test
> these two files?

Ugh.  Why not use the actual stock mkinitrd pieces with just an
appropriate livecd-mkrootdev as I've outlined a few times previously and
implemented in my hg repo... :/

There's a lot of logic in mkinitrd to handle a lot of cases and trying
to replicate all of that in a live CD specific environment is just going
to lead to problems that are very difficult to debug