[Fedora-livecd-list] Fedora Core 5 Live-Spins Released

Jasper O'neal Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Wed Aug 30 10:34:25 UTC 2006

Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:

> On 8/30/06, Jasper O'neal Hartline <jasperhartline at adelphia.net> wrote:
>
>> Hirano Kazunari wrote:
>>
>> > Congratulations!
>> >
>> http://fedoraunity.org/news-archives/fedora-core-5-live-spins-released/
>> > Good news indeed.
>> > http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article.php/3629161
>>
>> Greg is looking for hardware to make this even more of a reality for
>> all.
>>
>> Thanks Greg!
>> Thanks Unity!
>

> True, hence this means we should work harder :p

Eh.. we can only do so much with Kadischi. Most of the problems like:
HWADDR lines in ifcfg-eth0 interface files
xorg.conf Driver lines for video driver
The "touch ./autorelabel"
The runlevel not being set by Anaconda anymore
SELinux being enabled unless disabled

All can be fixed using some scripts yes, and stuff but ultimately should
be fixed upstream.
The sorg.conf issue is fixed, Xorg automatically chooses the right
driver as the card is probed on the fly.
The other things are things that will need to be fixed upstream and
stuff, to produce a quality CD.

We can only do so much Chitlesh.

Oh PS. Can we get a applet in Zenity written out for 07accounts.sh for
graphical modes Chitlesh?
J. Hartline